Friday, December 5, 2008

Edna Fahle














Today would have been the 63rd birthday of Jana's mom, Edna Fahle. I only new Edna for about a month before cancer took her life, but it was easy to see what an amazing person she was. I could just tell what a generous, caring, loving person she was in that brief time I knew her. I see those wonderful traits everyday in my beautiful wife--Jana is a very generous person, cares deeply for others and their needs, and has an abundance of love to share with others, just as her mother and father raised her to be. I know that Edna would be so very proud of Jana and all the things she is doing and has accomplished. She would be so proud of Jana for working so hard to get her masters degree. She would be so proud of Jana for being such a great wife and mother. And she would be proud of the strong Christian witness Jana lives daily. Jana's mom has been gone for 10 years now, but the wonderful memories of her live on in the hearts and minds of those who knew her. Happy Birthday Edna!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That was incredibly sweet Troy. I know Jana appreciates your kind words. It's amazing how much she looks like her mother!

Jana said...

SO, I've been thinking all weekend to find the words to express my gratitude for your beautiful words about my mom and I just can't come up with enough to say how truly special you are to me and what a wonderful husband and father to continue to be daily. Thank you so much for loving me,our children and my family.

Oh....and I just have to add that all he said about my mommy was right on. I don't think she could have been any more loving, supportive or generous to me, my brother and, well, okay, maybe to my dad, :) but definitely not anymore to me and my brother. I miss her daily!