Sunday, January 4, 2009

Music 2008


My 5 favorite albums of 2008:
1. Viva La Vida............................Coldplay
2. Sleep Through The Static.....Jack Johnson
3. This Warm December: Brushfire Holiday's, Vol. 1
4. Paper Trail..............................T.I.
5. Warpaint.................................The Black Crowes

These were my 5 favorite albums of the year. Admittedly, I didn't listen to quite as wide a variety of music this year as I have in the past. I tended to find something I liked and listen to it on repeat. Another favorite album I purchased this year, which obviously was not new, was The Andy Williams Christmas Album. It is a favorite album that I remember my mom playing on the old record player every year at Christmas. It was added to my Christmas playlist on the iPod which contains 118 songs for 6 hours worth of great music. Two other albums I listened to quite a bit last year from 2007 were The White Stripes album Icky Thump and The Darjeeling Limited Soundtrack. In addition to those, I spent way to much money downloading individual songs throughout the year on iTunes.

Favorite Song of the Year:
Someday At Christmas by Jack Johnson

I did not realize this was not an original Jack Johnson song until walking though the mall one day and hearing someone else belting it out over the department store sound system. When I got home I got on iTunes and discovered 45 total versions listed. I downloaded the Jackson 5 version along with the Stevie Wonder version which along with two Jack Johnson versions gave Someday At Christmas 4 spots on my awesome Christmas mix.

Favorite Concerts of the Year:

Coldplay at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City
Jack Johnson in Kansas City
The Flaming Lips in Oklahoma City
MuteMath in Oklahoma City


What music were you listening to in 2008? Who is your favorite new artist or group? Have some music recommendations for me to check out? Let me know!

1 comment:

CP~ said...

Prepare your Hee-Haws:
~Miranda Lambert: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (which is technically 2007, but I bought it in 2008 and listened to it CONSTANTLY!)
~~AC/DC: Black Ice
Reba: Duets (dang it, yet another 2007...but I didn't get it until '08)
~Jason Mraz: We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
~Little Big Town: A Place to Land
~Sugarland: Love on the Inside
~Leona Lewis: Spirit
Songs I loved in 2008 that I am not necessarily proud of, but love them anyway:
-Womanizer, Britney Spears
-So What!, Pink
-Cheater, Cheater by Joey & Rory
-Disturbia, Rihanna
...really there is so much music that I love. I prefer to listen to music than watch TV; we always have our CDs out and/or the IPod going with anything from Snoop Dogg to Dean Martin to Kid Rock- we love (almost) all music!
Looking forward to see what 2009 will bring our ears, great question Troy!