Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Cowboy Hat


My mother recently had a few old slides turned into pictures. This one was of me circa 1980. That was one sweet hat. If I remember correctly (which, of course, I do), my lovely, awesome sister sat on top of it while we were cruising around in the old family station wagon. My mom tried to reshape the hat. I'm not quite sure what all she did and used, but I do remember it involved panty hose (panty hose?!?!?!?!). Needless to say, after the hat was destroyed and reconstructed (with panty hose???!!!!!???!!!), it was never worn again. Thanks for trying to save my hat though mom, and thanks for capturing this awesome picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....that's all i can say

CP~ said...

does Jana swoon over this pic? ;)
...that's pretty fun!
Hey- on an only child selfish note, I'm always interested in childhood photos- if there are any goodies with you and your siblings and me I'd love copies (I'll pay of course).

Jana said...

Oh yes...I just can't help myself! I am soooo proud of Amanda for taking care of it for me!
Jana