Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Agriculture in China















Here are a few agriculture related pictures I took while in China. Some were taken while riding in a sleeper bus at 60 miles an hour, some were taken while riding a bike down an extremely bumpy country road, and a couple of them I actually stopped moving long enough to take. The first picture in this group is one of my favorites and was taken on the fly riding down the road on a bike. I got lucky and captured this lady in her back swing. I can't imagine spending day after day out there doing that type of work. I found the landscape of the fields beautiful. I can't imagine the work that goes into cultivating row after row up the side of a steep hill. People literally utilized every square inch they could for growing crops. Their labor was truly a work of art.

No comments: